They’re what everybody needs to get through a humpday.
Seriously, though, these 5-Ingredient Indulgent Date Bites are the answer to your every prayer. Shall I count the ways?
- They’re made up of just five, yes FIVE ingredients. This even includes the gentle dusting of Maldon sea salt on top. You’re welcome.
- They do not require you to turn on the oven (just some quick double-boiler action on the stovetop.)
- They taste decadently rich, yet…
- They are such a healthy treat!
Do you ever find yourself striving to make a “healthy” dessert recipe, only to take a bite and realize that in no way is this REALLY going to quell your craving for a sweet, naughty treat? Well, look no further my friends.
When I first took a bite of one of these 5-Ingredient Indulgent Date Bites, I was like “wowza!” It was so creamy and rich, and for a fleeting second the thought went through my head “I should be careful with how many of these I eat.” But then I started thinking of all of the ingredients and, you know what? I couldn’t think of one reason why I couldn’t help myself to just a couple more.
Now, as with everything, we want to practice some sort of moderation (we don’t need to be upping our fiberous intake quite so much that we find ourselves running to the restroom, if you catch my drift) but if there was ever a dessert you never want to stop eating (and don’t HAVE to stop eating), these 5-Ingredient Indulgent Date Bites are going to be your savior.
Let’s break this down:
First, we’ll need to gather our five ingredients. That’s right, just five! And I bet you already have at least a couple of ‘em sitting in your pantry already…
Almond butter (or your fave nut butter, doesn’t matter)
Maldon sea salt
We prep our dates by slitting them down the side and removing the pits (see photo), we’re going to be filling the holes with so much more deliciousness in the name of almond butter and making these treats completely one-bite-able.
Next step is to melt down our dark chocolate and coconut butter to make it soft and silky enough to dip our stuffed dates into. It might get a little messy, but trust me, you won’t care once you taste one.
We lay our dipped dates to rest on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, and sprinkle on just a light dusting of glorious Maldon sea salt (a little goes a long way) before we set these bad boys in the refrigerator to rest for just a leeeeetle bit.
Thirty minutes to an hour later, you’ll have a tray full of 5-Ingredient Indulgent Date Bites to munch on whenever your little heart desires. Snack on some now, enjoy some later, you don’t even have to tell me if you end up keeping them all for yourself 😉
Happy humpday friends! Let’s make the rest of this week a great one <3
- 24 dates slit down the side and pits removed
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chopped into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1-2 teaspoons Maldon sea salt
- Begin by stuffing each pitted date with ½ teaspoon of almond butter. Place on a large cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a double boiler over medium heat (or simply creating a “double boiler” with a medium saucepan filled with about an inch of water with a medium, heatproof mixing bowl on top) melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together.
- Remove boiler (or mixing bowl) from heat and begin dipping the almond butter stuffed dates into the chocolate. You will only be able to dip them half- or three quarters of the way because you will need to hold on to one end as your dipping. Let each date drip slightly and then transfer to the lined cookie sheet.
- Once all dates have been dipped, sprinkle each one with just a touch of Maldon sea salt. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour, or until the chocolate has hardened. Serve immediately or keep refrigerated for the best integrity.
This post contains affiliate links. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands that make CaliGirl Cooking possible!
One bite of heaven!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like:
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Dates
- Rosemary, Fig & Date Tequila Smash
- Date “Shake”
- Tahini Blondies with Whiskey Date Caramel & Sea Salt