This easy, no-cook appetizer is full of flavor yet requires just five ingredients. It’s the perfect healthy contribution to your next get-together!
I hope you all had a restful, relaxing weekend filled with lots of fun and holiday cheer. Ours was about as exciting as can be with a one-month old and was made even better by the enjoyment of these Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Roll-Ups, which I am officially dubbing the “it” easy, healthy recipe of the season.
That’s right, these Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Roll-Ups are incredibly simple to make, yet so full of flavor you’d never guess they’re actually one of the healthiest appetizers you can add to your repertoire in this month of endless get-togethers and celebrations.
Oh, and did I mention they only require five ingredients? That’s right! No special grocery store trips or endless hours slaving over the stove to whip up these delicious bites of heaven. You can grab everything you need at your neighborhood grocery store and have a beautiful tray of Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Roll-Ups ready to bring to your next holiday party in less than 20 minutes.
Speaking of those easy-to-find ingredients, here they are!
See what I mean? Never been easier.
I think I’ve made it pretty clear why I love these tasty tidbits and want to make them for every occasion for the foreseeable future – they’re easy, healthy, composed of just a few ingredients and yet so full of flavor. Plus, I really missed my regular intake of smoked salmon when I was preggo with our baby girl so I’m making up for lost time 😉
I’m not going to keep you long today because, if there’s anything that’s a constant this time of year, it’s that we don’t have much spare time on our hands to sit reading blogs all day. There are more important things to do and people to spend time with!
But, in case you’re looking for a few other appetizer ideas to whip up this season, here are a few of my favorites from the archives…
These Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Dates…
These Spiced Rosemary Bar Nuts…
This Creamy Mushroom Pate…
Read on for the Five-Ingredient Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Roll-Up recipe!
Five-Ingredient Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Roll-Ups
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 4-5 Persian cucumbers
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, cut into 30 strips
- In a small bowl, mix together the whipped cream cheese, dill and chives until combined.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the cucumbers lengthwise to form long, wide strips and lay out on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into a pastry bag and cut off the tip. Squeeze a line of the cream cheese onto each strip of cucumber.
- Place a strip of smoked salmon on top of each cream cheese-lined cucumber and roll up the cucumber, securing at the end with a toothpick. Refrigerate until ready to serve!