Grapefruit Coladas on the Rocks
A twist on the classic pina colada using fresh grapefruit instead of pineapple and a touch of vanilla simple syrup. Equally as delicious and refreshing as the original!
Servings: 2 cocktails
- 6 ounces fresh grapefruit juice juice from about 2 grapefruits
- 4 ounces coconut milk
- 4 ounces white rum
- 2 ounces Sonoma Syrup Co. Vanilla-Almond Simple Syrup OR 1 ½ ounces vanilla simple syrup (recipe below) and ½ ounce orgeat
- Wheel of grapefruit to garnish
- To make the Vanilla Simple Syrup: Combine one cup water, one cup sugar and the seeds from one vanilla bean in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and stir until sugar dissolves completely. Remove from heat and let cool before using.
- You could also make a frozen version of these Grapefruit Coladas by using grapefruit sorbet.
- If the drink begins to naturally separate, all it will need is a quick stir to get it back in sipping shape.
Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 280mg | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 3mg