Easy Weeknight Beef and Veggie Stir-Fry
An easy beef and veggie stir-fry recipe that’s ready in just 30 minutes. Serve over brown rice for a well-balanced meal that the entire family will love!
Servings: 4 people
For the stir-fry:
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 3/4 pound flank steak, cut into thin strips or cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas, cut in half or thirds
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili-garlic paste (optional)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
Heat 2 tablespoons of sesame oil in your wok or large pan on the stove over medium heat. Once oil is shimmering, add flank steak and sear on all sides. Remove from pan and set on a plate while you start the vegetables.
Return wok to heat on the stove and add 2 more tablespoons of sesame oil. Once oil is shimmering again, add garlic and vegetables and stir to combine. Let veggies cook over medium heat while you mix up the sauce.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients. Add to the vegetable mix, then add the flank steak back to the pan. Continue to cook on medium heat until sauce has thickened slightly and vegetables are cooked.
Serve over rice and top with green onions and sesame seeds.
- DISH DENSITY: Medium
- Feel free to sub in another protein (chicken, shrimp, tofu, etc.) for the beef.
- Also feel free to sub in different vegetables that you have on hand (bell peppers, mushrooms, bok choy, water chestnuts and mini corn are all great ideas).
- Serve over brown or white rice.
Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 953mg | Potassium: 703mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 3708IU | Vitamin C: 62mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 3mg