Pumpkin Apple Baked Oatmeal Cups
These Pumpkin Apple Baked Oatmeal Cups are baby- and toddler-approved, but great for the whole family! Make them in advance and stick them in the freezer to have a healthy, nutritious breakfast ready to go on busy mornings.
Servings: 12 people
Large mixing bowl
Medium mixing bowl
1/2 cup measure
1/4 cup measure
1/4 teaspoon measure
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups milk of your choice (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1 cup pumpkin purée (Use canned or follow the link in the Recipe Notes to make your own)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup diced apple
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray cupcake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together oats, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together milk, pumpkin purée, maple syrup, egg and vanilla.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Whisk in diced apple.
Using your 1/4 cup measure, scoop mixture into prepared cupcake pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes, or until oatmeal is set.
Let cool at least 10 minutes before removing from pan. Let cool completely before transferring to Ziploc for freezer storage.
- Here's the recipe for homemade pumpkin purée!
- These oatmeal cups are baby- and toddler-friendly and are a great breakfast to stash in the freezer. To freeze, place cooled oatmeal cups in a resealable plastic bag and label them (including the date you made them.) These will last in the freezer up to 3 months.
- To defrost, microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Feel free to try other flavor combinations such as: banana-chocolate chip, sweet potato-orange, zucchini-raisin, peanut butter-apple, cinnamon-berry, or vanilla-peach.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 105mg | Potassium: 184mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 3251IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 1mg