Cheesy BBQ Garlic Bread
Not your average garlic bread! This version is loaded with zesty BBQ sauce and smothered in melted cheese, the perfect BBQ side dish!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 loaf fairly flat, crusty bread (such as ciabatta or pain rustique,) sliced in half lengthwise
- 4-6 tablespoons melted butter (depending on how large your loaf of bread is, mine was pretty big)
- 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cups shredded Asiago cheese (or Parmesan, or your favorite cheesy bread cheese!)
Place halves of bread cut side up on a large baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. If using the grill, turn it on high and let it begin warming up. If using the broiler, turn it on high to preheat.
Spread melted butter evenly onto loaf halves, then do the same with the BBQ sauce.
Sprinkle on the minced garlic and then cover the loaf halves evenly with the shredded cheese.
If using the grill, place the bread (topping side up) directly onto the grates. If using the broiler, keep the bread on the baking sheet and place in the oven. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbling and edges of bread are browned. Let cool slightly before slicing and serving.
Calories: 416kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 1214mg | Potassium: 102mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 547IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 412mg | Iron: 1mg