Coconut Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This fun twist on banana bread adds two classic flavors - chocolate and coconut! It's an incredibly easy recipe and makes enough to enjoy now AND later!
Servings: 12 people
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 cups mashed bananas (about 8 bananas)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean extract or vanilla bean paste
- 3/4 cup flaked, unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray two 8.5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray and line the bottoms with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and both types of sugar until light and fluffy. Add the bananas and beaten eggs and mix until well incorporated. Add the vanilla.
Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix to combine. Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and, using a spatula, fold in the coconut and chocolate chips.
Pour the batter evenly into your two prepared loaf pans, then place in the preheated oven for 65-70 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (a little bit of melted chocolate is okay.)
Let loaves cool, in pans, on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then turn out of pans to cool completely.
- This banana bread can be made 3-5 days in advance of enjoying (if stored at room temperature) or up to 3 months in advance if stored in the freezer.
- To store your banana bread, let it cool completely, then wrap it in plastic wrap and in a resealable plastic bag.
- Feel free to substitute white or dark chocolate chips for the semisweet.
Calories: 490kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 294mg | Potassium: 374mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 476IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 3mg