Watermelon Caprese Salad with Prosciutto
This fun take on the classic caprese salad is full of refreshing watermelon and bites of salty prosciutto. The perfect dish for warm weather entertaining!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 mini seedless watermelon, cubed
- 12 ounces ciliegine (mini mozzarella balls)
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 5 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Drizzle of balsamic glaze
Add all ingredients except the balsamic glaze to a large bowl and toss to combine.
If watermelon was not pre-chilled before cutting, place salad in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
Before serving, drizzle on balsamic glaze and garnish with whole basil leaves, if desired.
- Don't make this dish more than a couple of hours in advance of serving, and wait until right before you serve it to drizzle on the balsamic glaze.
- That being said, if your watermelon isn't already chilled before cutting into it, you will want to leave a little bit of time for refrigeration after prepping and before serving.
- To make this dish vegetarian, simply omit the prosciutto.
Calories: 572kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 205mg | Potassium: 896mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 47g | Vitamin A: 4434IU | Vitamin C: 61mg | Calcium: 260mg | Iron: 2mg