PB and J Quinoa Bowl
Protein-packed quinoa gets a morning makeover when cooked with your favorite nut milk and swirled with peanut butter and jam, plus even more delicious toppings!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups rinsed quinoa
- 3 cups unsweetened cashew milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, plus more for topping (if desired)
- 2-4 tablespoons strawberry jelly
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 bananas, sliced
Bring quinoa, 2 ½ cups of the cashew milk and honey to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring occasionally.
Turn down the heat to a low simmer, cover and cook for 10 more minutes.
Turn off the heat and stir in additional ½ cup of cashew milk, salt and peanut butter.
Scoop quinoa into 2-4 bowls and top with strawberry jelly, almonds, banana and more peanut butter, if desired.
- Rinse the quinoa before cooking to get rid of any potential bitter- or soapiness.
- To meal prep the quinoa, follow Steps 1-3, cool and refrigerate in a covered container for up to 5 days before serving.
- You can make substitutions for almost all of the ingredients in this recipe to make it suit your tastes (milk, nuts, nut butter, jam).
- To make this recipe baby-led weaning friendly, omit the honey, jam and whole nuts. Also, make sure your child has no nut allergies before serving this to him/her.
Calories: 522kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 492mg | Potassium: 770mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 38IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 4mg