Bacon and Goat Brie Pizza with Vanilla Passion Fruit Jam
This pizza is a flavor explosion - sweetness from the jam, saltiness from the bacon, earthiness from the goat cheese and the fresh tang of arugula!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 batch Jim Lahey's pizza dough, already risen overnight (Link in notes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for topping
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/3 cup passion fruit (lilikoi) jam
- Seeds of 1/2 a vanilla bean
- 5 ounces goat brie, thinly sliced into squares
- 5 pieces cooked bacon, chopped
- 2-3 cups arugula, for topping
- Sea salt, for topping
Preheat the oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large, greased pizza pan, roll out the pizza dough to the desired thickness and shape. Spread on the olive oil using a pastry brush or paper towel, then sprinkle on the minced garlic.
In a small bowl, combine the jam and vanilla bean seeds. Spread the jam mixture evenly onto the pizza crust over the olive oil and garlic.
Sprinkle the goat brie and bacon pieces over the jam, then place pizza in the 475 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of your crust. Remove when crust is slightly golden and feels firm to the touch.
Sprinkle arugula over the cooling pizza, then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on some sea salt. Serve immediately.
Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 419mg | Potassium: 176mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 447IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 1mg