From-Scratch Slow Cooker Spiced Apple Cider
A not-too-sweet homemade version of the favorite fall drink, this apple cider is full of mouthwatering spices and fresh apple flavor and ready in just a few hours.
Servings: 6 servings
- 8-10 medium Gala apples, cored and sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 3 whole cinnamon sticks, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 10 cups filtered water
Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 7 hours.
Strain solids from mixture using a sieve (or cheesecloth) and into a large pitcher. Add more sliced apples and cinnamon sticks. Serve warm (and add bourbon if you want to booze it up!)
- For best results, use a 6-quart (or larger) slow cooker for this recipe.
- Store the apple cider in Mason jars or glass jars with hinged lids.
- Once made, the apple cider can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week or the freezer for up to three months.
- If you prefer a sweeter apple cider, feel free to use brown sugar, sugar, maple syrup, honey or agave nectar.
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 313mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 180IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg