Indulgent Smoked Salmon and Bagel Breakfast Casserole
This make-ahead casserole is loaded with bagels, smoked salmon, cream cheese and all your other favorite bagel toppings, and is perfect to serve a crowd!
Servings: 10 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 9 bagels (your choice of flavor), cubed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed and softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, plus 1 additional cup for topping
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, plus 1 additional tablespoon for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Pour melted butter into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and turn to coat dish. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients (except the 1 cup of Parmesan and 1 tablespoon of chives for topping.)
Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish and sprinkle 1 cup grated Parmesan over top.
Bake in 400 degree oven for 30-45 minutes, or until eggs are fairly set (they may continue to cook a bit after removing the casserole from the oven so don’t fret if they’re still a tiny bit runny.)
Let cool slightly and sprinkle on additional tablespoon of chopped fresh chives before serving.
- Feel free to use any flavor bagels you prefer in this recipe, but savory flavors will tend to pair better with the smoked salmon.
- You can assemble this casserole the night before you plan to serve it, store it overnight in the refrigerator, and just pop it in the oven the next morning.
- I made this in my 9-by-13-inch Le Creuset covered casserole dish, making it perfectly portable!
Calories: 561kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 249mg | Sodium: 1289mg | Potassium: 279mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 930IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 394mg | Iron: 3mg