This Pastrami Pizza is exactly like your favorite pastrami sandwich, in pie form! Hot pastrami, tomatoes, lettuce, pepperoncini and yellow mustard come together to make the perfect family dinner.
Servings: 6 people
- One recipe of Jim Lahey's Pizza Dough or store-bought dough
- Extra flour for working with the dough
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (2 tablespoons per pizza)
- 8 ounces mozzarella, sliced (4 ounces per pizza)
- 8 ounces pastrami (4 ounces per pizza)
- ½ of a small red onion, diced (1/4 of an onion per pizza)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced (1 tomato per pizza)
- ½ cup chopped pepperoncini (1/4 cup per pizza)
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce (1 cup per pizza)
- 3-4 tablespoons yellow mustard (1 ½ - 2 tablespoons per pizza)
Prepare dough according to instructions. Once dough has risen, cut into two portions. While working with the first portion, place the other portion in the refrigerator.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
On a pizza stone coated with cornmeal/flour or on a pizza pan coated with cooking spray, roll out the pizza dough to the desired shape.
Spread 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise over the dough, then add mozzarella, pastrami and red onion. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with tomatoes, pepperoncini and lettuce. Drizzle yellow mustard over top.
Repeat with second portion of pizza dough.
Let cool slightly before serving.
Get the recipe for Jim Lahey's Pizza Dough here.
Wine Notes: This pizza would go be equally great with a darker rose or a nice Zinfandel.