Mango Shrimp Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette
A light and refreshing yet filling salad inspired by French wine country living.
Servings: 4 people
For the shrimp:
- 24 medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- Salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Juice of ¼ of a lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the champagne vinaigrette:
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar or white balsamic vinegar would work too
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
For the salad:
- 8-10 cups mixed greens such as arugula, Romaine, chard, mizuna, radicchio & spinach
- 4 mangoes peeled and sliced
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts toasted
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup fresh chives chopped
- Microgreens to garnish
To make the shrimp:
Season shrimp with salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and lemon juice.
In a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, add two tablespoons of olive oil. Once oil is warm, add shrimp and cook until done, about 3-5 minutes each side.
Remove shrimp from heat and set aside to cool. Once shrimp has cooled slightly, place in refrigerator to finish cooling to serve on the salad.
To make the champagne vinaigrette:
To make the salad:
In a large mixing bowl, toss mixed greens with prepared vinaigrette. Divide greens up amongst four salad bowls. Top with mango, tomatoes, macadamia nuts, chives, shrimp and microgreens.
- Wine Pairing Notes: Naturally, this dish lends well to a more acidic, earthy Chardonnay such as those from Pouilly-Fuisse. It would also pair fabulously with sparkling wine or a heavier, California Sauvignon Blanc.
- You can prepare the shrimp and champagne vinaigrette up to a day in advance of making this salad, just be sure to keep both in the refrigerator.
Calories: 746kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 61g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 325mg | Potassium: 728mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 3440IU | Vitamin C: 106mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 4mg