Banana, Peanut Butter, Dark Chocolate Chip “Faux”-Yo
A three-ingredient creamy, healthy take on frozen yogurt featuring bananas, a swirl of creamy peanut butter and a sprinkle of dark chocolate chips. A delicious vegan treat that's perfect for warmer weather.
Servings: 6 people
- 8 bananas chopped up and frozen
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
Place frozen bananas and peanut butter in a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Pulse food processor until the banana breaks down and a creamy mixture forms.
Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in chocolate chips. Enjoy immediately (or see Notes.)
- If not serving immediately, you can store the “faux”-yo in the freezer, just know that the banana might turn slightly brown and will start to refreeze. Whenever you’re ready to dig in again, just take the “faux”-yo out of the freezer a few minutes in advance so it can start to soften up again.
- For an extra-special treat, top your "faux"-yo with a drizzle of peanut butter that's been heated up slightly.
Calories: 309kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 758mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 101IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 1mg