Li Hing Pineapple Margarita
Learn how to make an exotic Li Hing Pineapple Margarita in a few easy steps. It's a showstopper of a cocktail to serve at your next get-together!
Servings: 1 drink
- 1 ½ ounces white tequila
- ½ ounce Triple Sec or Cointreau
- Juice of 1 lime divided (you will need ½ for the actual drink and ½ for rimming the glass)
- 1 ounce sweet-and-sour I prefer Sonoma Syrup’s Five Citrus Sweet & Sour
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon li hing mui powder plus ½ - 1 teaspoon more for rimming the glass
Combine tequila, orange liqueur, juice of ½ of a lime, sweet-and-sour, pineapple juice and 1/4 teaspoon li hing mui powder in a cocktail shaker with ice.
Using two small bread plates, squeeze juice from the other ½ of the lime on one and ½ - 1 teaspoon of li hing mui powder on the other. Take margarita glass and dip in lime juice first, then dip in li hing mui powder. Set aside.
Shake ingredients in the cocktail shaker vigorously for about 30 seconds, then pour into rimmed margarita glass. Garnish with a lime wedge or li hing mui-covered pineapple chunk, if desired.
- You can find li hing mui powder here (affiliate link).
- If you have some leftover pineapple after making this recipe, dip it in your li hing mui powder for a special tasty treat!
Calories: 171kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 103mg | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin C: 20mg