Asiago Chipotle Shrimp Toasts
A lightened up, yet still indulgent, appetizer featuring spicy and tangy chipotle shrimp topped with gooey Asiago cheese over crusty bread.
Servings: 6 people
- 16 ounces raw shrimp
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce chopped
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons miso
- 8 ounces Asiago cheese sliced or grated
- 1 loaf of ciabatta bread cut in half lengthwise and then into 6 slices (you may have leftover bread)
In a medium mixing bowl, toss the shrimp, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper until shrimp are well-coated.
Heat a medium sauté pan on the stove over medium-high heat. Once pan is warm, add shrimp. Cook until shrimp is pink and cooked through. Remove shrimp from pan and let cool slightly.
Once shrimp has cooled, cut off tails and then chop shrimp into small pieces. Set aside.
In a food processor or blender, combine chipotle peppers, Greek yogurt and miso. Pour the chipotle-Greek yogurt sauce into a medium mixing bowl and add chopped shrimp. Toss to coat shrimp.
Turn broiler on high.
Scoop shrimp mixture onto ciabatta slices, then top with Asiago cheese. Place on a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan lined with aluminum foil and cook under the broiler for about 5 minutes. Keep an eye on the toasts as they’re cooking to make sure they don’t burn!
Remove from oven and enjoy immediately.
- You're welcome to substitute mayonnaise for the Greek yogurt if you want to fully indulge!
- You can also substitute another type of bread besides ciabatta, just make sure it's wide enough to make some hearty toasts.
Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 217mg | Sodium: 2093mg | Potassium: 129mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 545IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 582mg | Iron: 2mg