Honey, Peach & Basil Two-Cheese Grilled Cheese
A sweet, salty and savory grilled cheese featuring the fresh peaches and basil, mozzarella and crumbly bleu cheese.
Servings: 1 sandwich
- 2 slices hearty multigrain or sourdough bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 2.5 ounces sliced yellow peach
- 8 fresh basil leaves cut in a chiffonade
- 1 ounce crumbled blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon honey
Place a griddle, cast iron skillet or sauté pan on the stove over medium-high heat.
Place bread in toaster and toast until lightly golden, then spread butter on one side of each piece of bread.
Placing the buttered side of one slice of bread on a plate, paper towel, or cutting board, start assembling the sandwich. Layer on the mozzarella, sliced peach, basil and bleu cheese (in that order.) Drizzle honey over top of the bleu cheese and then place the other piece of bread on top of the stack, with the buttered side facing up.
Place sandwich on preheated griddle, cast iron skillet or sauté pan and cook for about three minutes, or until bread is golden-brown. Flip over and cook an additional few minutes, letting the second piece of toast brown just like the first piece. You may want to press the sandwich with a spatula every once in a while to make sure all of the cheese melts.
Remove from heat and cut sandwich in half. Serve immediately.
- Feel free to mix and match any cheeses for this recipe! Goat cheese or feta would be great substitutes for the blue cheese. Brie, Swiss or Fontina cheese would be great substitutes for the mozzarella.
- You can also substitute something for the fresh peaches if you can't find them or they're not in season. Try tomatoes, apricots or even strawberries.
- While you can use any bread for this recipe, I highly recommend a heartier loaf for extra crunch and chew.
- This sandwich is best enjoyed immediately after making it!
Calories: 644kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 1253mg | Potassium: 411mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 1541IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 639mg | Iron: 2mg