Lightened Up Miso Coleslaw
A lightened up, Asian take on the classic coleslaw recipe. Greek yogurt, rice vinegar, honey and miso add a tangy flair and sugar snap peas up the crunch factor of this popular cookout dish.
Servings: 5 people
- 6 tablespoons plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 green onions chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
In a small bowl, combine yogurt, miso, rice vinegar and honey. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine both cabbages, carrots, snap peas and green onions.
Pour yogurt mixture over cabbage mixture and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For best results, place (covered) in refrigerator for at least a half hour (up to two hours) before serving to let all of the flavors meld.
- You can buy pre-shredded veggies or shred them yourself in your food processor.
- To really deepen the flavors of the coleslaw, be sure to leave some time to let it sit in the refrigerator before serving.
Calories: 67kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 179mg | Potassium: 337mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 4962IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 1mg