5-Ingredient Indulgent Date Bites
An incredibly indulgent, yet healthy, dessert - fresh dates stuffed with creamy almond butter, dipped in a cloak of creamy dark chocolate and finished with a touch of sea salt.
Servings: 12 people
- 24 dates slit down the side and pits removed
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chopped into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1-2 teaspoons Maldon sea salt
Begin by stuffing each pitted date with ½ teaspoon of almond butter. Place on a large cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and set aside.
Using a double boiler over medium heat (or simply creating a “double boiler” with a medium saucepan filled with about an inch of water with a medium, heatproof mixing bowl on top) melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together.
Remove boiler (or mixing bowl) from heat and begin dipping the almond butter stuffed dates into the chocolate. You will only be able to dip them half- or three quarters of the way because you will need to hold on to one end as your dipping. Let each date drip slightly and then transfer to the lined cookie sheet.
Once all dates have been dipped, sprinkle each one with just a touch of Maldon sea salt. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour, or until the chocolate has hardened. Serve immediately or keep refrigerated for the best integrity.
- If you don't own a double boiler, place a heat-proof mixing bowl over a saucepan filled with a couple of inches of water on the stove instead.
- Store date bites in the refrigerator or, to keep them even longer, in the freezer.
Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 198mg | Potassium: 266mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 7IU | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 3mg