Quick-and-Healthy Tuna Salad Sandwiches
Once you try this easy recipe for Quick-and-Healthy Tuna Salad Sandwiches, you’ll never wonder what to make for lunch again!
Servings: 4 people
Medium mixing bowl
1/3 cup measure
1/2 teaspoon measure
For the tuna salad:
- 2 5-ounce cans water-packed tuna, drained
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Diced celery (optional)
For the sandwiches:
- 8 slices soft sandwich bread (I prefer Dave's Killer Bread) Lightly toasted, if desired
- Sliced tomatoes
- Avocado (optional)
Place all tuna salad ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
Spread mixture onto prepared bread to make 4 sandwiches. Add lettuce, tomato and avocado (if using) to complete the sandwich and serve!
- DISH DENSITY: Low
- If the Greek yogurt is too tangy for you, feel free to increase the mayo as you decrease the amount of Greek yogurt. Just keep in mind that the mayo isn't quite the nutritional powerhouse that the yogurt is!
- This is a great option to make ahead for packed lunches during the week as it requires no reheating.
- It's also great for baby-led weaning if your child does not have a seafood allergy.
Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 290mg | Potassium: 281mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 166IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 1mg