High-Protein Lemon Ricotta French Toast for Baby-Led Weaning
This High-Protein Lemon Ricotta French Toast is perfect for baby-led weaning, but also perfectly
acceptable for adults! Thick multigrain bread is coated in a lemon-ricotta batter and grilled to perfection in this tasty breakfast.
Servings: 4 people
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 loaf whole unsliced multi- or whole grain bread You'll want to get about 8 slices out of it.
- 2 tablespoons butter
Place griddle or large pan on the stove and begin heating over medium heat.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, ricotta, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest to make the batter.
Place butter on preheated skillet and let melt.
Once butter is melted and evenly spread over your cooking vessel, begin dipping bread slices in the batter and placing on the skillet.
Cook for a few minutes – or until the bottom of the bread becomes golden-brown and the egg is set – before flipping and cooking the other side.
Serve immediately with your desired topping.
- DISH DENSITY: Medium
- Using whole or multigrain bread makes a nutritional world of a difference when making this French toast.
- The extra protein from the ricotta gives this French toast sticking power.
- This recipe is baby-led weaning friendly, just omit the syrup!
Calories: 574kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 153mg | Sodium: 803mg | Potassium: 499mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 490IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 264mg | Iron: 5mg