Festive Guacamole with Cotija and Pomegranate
This Festive Guacamole with Cotija and Pomegranate is just the recipe you need to kick your guacamole up a notch. You’ll never want plain guacamole again!
Servings: 8 people
Medium mixing bowl
1/2 cup measure
1/3 cup measure
Fork to mix
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped cilantro
- 3 medium avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
Combine onion, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, avocados and lime juice in a medium mixing bowl, using the fork to mash up the avocado as you stir.
Stir in the salt, add more to taste if necessary.
Scoop guacamole into whatever dish you will be serving it in and top with cotija cheese and pomegranate arils. Serve with tortilla chips.
- To keep the guacamole from browning if not serving immediately, cover it with a thin layer of water or lime juice and then either plastic wrap or a tight-fitting lid in the refrigerator.
- For best results, don't top with cotija cheese and pomegranate arils until just before serving.
- Feel free to substitute queso fresco or even crumbled feta or goat's cheese if you can't get a hold of cotija.
Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 158mg | Potassium: 400mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 226IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg