Fresh dill, grated cucumber and garlic are all adventurous, but become a bit more approachable when mixed into yogurt, which most toddlers are pretty familiar with.
Servings: 4 toddlers
Small mixing bowl
1/2 cup measure
1/4 teaspoon measure
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Persian cucumber, grated and water squeezed out with a paper towel
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Some great "dipper" ideas for tzatziki include: pita bread, pita chips, zucchini, cucumber, tortillas, pretzels, grilled chicken, thinly sliced beef or lamb, gyro/falafel, crackers.
- Use whole milk, unsweetened yogurt for the best nutritional value for your little one(s).
Calories: 19kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 155mg | Potassium: 56mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 28mg