Sauteed Corn with Fresh Tarragon and Shiitake Mushrooms
A delicious, easy side dish featuring fresh summer corn, tarragon and savory mushrooms.
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 tablespoons high-quality butter I recommend Kerrygold
- 5 ears of fresh corn kernels cut off the cob
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon chopped
- Salt to taste
Melt butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
Once butter is melted, add corn, mushrooms and tarragon, stirring to coat.
Saute over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until corn turns lightly golden.
Season with salt and serve immediately.
- You can find shiitake mushrooms at most gourmet grocers or Asian markets.
- The high-quality butter is important here as it is one of the star ingredients that will really bring out all of the other flavors in this dish.
- This dish is best served immediately after it is prepared.
Calories: 84kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 71mg | Potassium: 157mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 331IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg